Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's ON!! - Appraisal Institute Withdraws Sponsorship from TAF

The letter speaks for itself. Although Appraiser Active has not had much to say on the kerfuffle between the Appraisal Institute and The Appraisal Foundation, that does not mean I do not have any opinions on the matter. My belief that The Appraisal Foundation has morphed into a behemoth far beyond what had been envisioned by the original Appraisal Sponsoring Organizations is well known.

This action by the Appraisal Institute will have far reaching and lasting consequences. I applaud their testicular fortitude.

The Foundation, not so much. IMNSHO, their actions are typical of the bullying tactics usually reserved for comments to state appraiser regulatory boards.


AI Withdraws Sponsorship from TAF

1 comments:

Edd said...

Frank,
I've respect your position about the tiff between the AI and TAF, but I'm going to have to say that in my mind the official reasons the AI gives for withdrawing hands the trophy to TAF.
Let's face it. What you call balls, I call a systemic and dysfunctional need for control.
I'm just not seeing the significant contributions the AI says it is making to the profession and the public.
Maybe it's just that there has been no obvious sacrifice on the part of the AI when they have enhanced the profession or assisted the public. Seems to me the things they do profit the AI and as such they must be of benefit to everyone else.
The AI is not a benefactor, which in my mind is required in leadership of a profession under duress.
I think it is about AI designations or be a just another damned appraiser.
Thanks for bringing it up though.