Thursday, August 7, 2008

St. Petersburg Times

My response to the St. Petersburg Times: (The Times limits a Candidate's response to 200 words)

August 6, 2008

Philip Gailey, Editor of Editorials
St. Petersburg Times
P.O. Box 1121
St. Petersburg, FL 33731

RE: Reply to: Times recommends

St. Petersburg Times

Dear Mr. Gailey:

Facts omitted from your endorsement:

I have been a licensed real estate broker for over 30 years and a state certified appraiser since 1989, the first year such a license was available in Florida. In addition to holding designations from two professional appraisal associations, I hold associate membership in a third. My appraisal experience in Pinellas County exceeds 30 years.


As owner and President of Gregoire & Gregoire, Inc., I have supervised staff and completed tens of thousands of appraisals of all types and classes of real property from Tierra Verde to Tarpon Springs. For the past ten years my concentration has been as a valuation and appraisal standards expert witness.


The Governor was satisfied enough with my education and appraisal credentials to appoint me to the Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board. The Florida Senate agreed by confirming my appointment unanimously. My peers on the appraisal board elected me Chairman four times during my eight years of service.

Under my leadership, enforcement of valuation ethics, standards and integrity requirements were the focus of the appraisal board; something sorely needed in Pinellas County. Pinellas County deserves a Property Appraiser with an established commitment to restoring public trust in the office.


Frank Gregoire
Candidate, Pinellas County Property Appraiser



Update August 9, 2008

My response to the Times has been published and is available online HERE.

0 comments: